Bangalore or Bengaluru, one of the major cities of India is popular for being the leading information technology exporter. Also known as the “Silicon Valley of India”, this city has all sorts of innovative ventures related to IT business. This starts from online garments and electronic shopping, to online grocery store and liquor store, to whatever one can think of. Even, there are online laundry services present for the fast paced urban inhabitants of the city.
The Karnataka government doesn’t want to stay back in this age of information technology and has come up with a one-stop-shop for the citizens’ government related chores. The Bangalore One Project or B1 Project was the first e-governance integrated service project implemented in India. B1 Project seeks to redefine public service through its focus on the common man, making the process smooth, convenient and transparent. Started in 2007, this project has proved to be an efficient one in making people happy with easy access through a chain of computerized Integrated Citizen Service Centres.
This project has been build taking into consideration of both the G2C (Government to Consumer) and B2C (Business to Consumer) model for all department and agencies of central, state and local governments along with some private players. Since April 2005, this project is implemented in a phased manner with a skeptical mind of acceptance. As time went by project Bangalore One got its recognition as a creative e-governance tool with more and more citizens using the benefit.
The website is also an interesting one, which has the direct links to all online services present, kiosks and centres locator and the 24x7 services offered. If one has a car and has gone through a recent traffic violation, just click on the link provided in this website and know the violation details. For commuters on KSRTC buses, one can get real time bus location details through the “Bangalore One Vehicle Locator” tab in the website.
The Project Objectives
- Cost effective method of service provision
- Higher responsiveness and accountability to citizen’s need
- Real time MIS and EIS can be maintained across all departments
- Better service delivery through enforcement of a Service Level Agreement with the selected partners
- Reduction in human interference, making the process fool proof
- Government department employees can focus on core responsibilities, thereby enhancing the overall productivity
Services Available Through B1 Portal
- BBMP- Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palika Services
- BSNL- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Idea Cellular Ltd
- BWSSB - Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board
- RPO - Regional Passport Office Services
- BESCOM - Bangalore Electricity Supply Commission
- Railway Ticket Booking
- Bangalore Police Services
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation Services
- E-Procurement services
- Bangalore University services
- Karnataka Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board Services
- PUC Applications
- Calamity Relief Fund
- Idea Cellular Ltd
- Airtel PostPaid Mobile and LandLine Bill Services
- Flight Ticket Booking
- Reliance Communications
- Tata Tele Services
- Vodafone Services