The sheer grand size and royal feel exhibited by the palace is a mere teaser of how immensely beautiful this palace is from inside. The interior of palace - containing of 35 rooms including Courtyard, Ball Room & Durbar Hall – is laced with precious paintings and beautiful antique things that will completely overwhelm you.
Important facts and Information of Bangalore Palace:
- Spread over area of 800 acres of land. Total 35 rooms in palace. Construction started in 1862 and completed in 1944. This royal palace is a private property of Mysore royal family.
- This majestic palace overlooks lush, green garden that will instantly soothe your mind as soon as you glance through it.
- And in case if you don’t know, the sprawling Bangalore palace ground and adjoining garden have witnessed many historical music concerts. Some of the greatest musical icons like Iron Maiden, Opeth, Metallica, Aerosmith, Backstreet Boys, Elton John and Enrique Iglesias have showcased their musical talents at this very place.
- The Bangalore Palace has a very uncanny resemblance to the famous Windsor Castle of England. In fact, the resemblance is so strong that you might even feel you’re not in Bangalore but in the very heart of England. Probably there is no other monument or palace in entire India that would give you such a European feeling.
- Once you’re inside the palace, you will be completely overwhelmed by its lavish interiors. At the ground floor itself you’ll encounter a magnificent ‘ball room’, where Wodeyar kings used to organize all their lavish private parties.
- But the main attraction of this palace is the Darbar Hall, which is located at first floor. It is at this sprawling hall that Wodeyar kings organized all their assemblies. Even today this sprawling hall oozes with lot of history and you’ll literally feel like you’re standing inside a king’s courtyard.
- Another major attraction of Darbar Hall is hordes of painting that are hanged here. These great artistic paintings display life and legacy of Wodeyar family. And in the midst of all these paintings is the painting of great Raja Ravi Verma - one of the greatest Indian painters of all time.
- Besides, you also shouldn’t miss massive elephant head that is right at the entrance of Darbar Hall. This elephant head is indeed real and not fake. It is maintained and preserved with the help of special chemical. It is believed that King Chamarajendra Wodeyar himself had killed this elephant. It is considered to be one of his greatest hunting achievements.
- All in all, visit to Bangalore palace is surely worth it as it lends you a rare chance of experiencing the royal lifestyle of one of the most powerful families in the history of southern India. There are total 34 spacious rooms in Bangalore Palace. You’ll be given access to almost all these royal rooms during your visit.
5 Best Restaurants with Amazingly Creative Menu in Bangalore | Best Eateries for College Students in Bangalore | Coffee Shops in Bangalore | Italian Restaurants in Bangalore | Pizza Hut in Bangalore | Sea Food Restaurants in Bangalore | Thai Restaurants in Bangalore | Top 5 Dessert Parlours in Bangalore | Veg Restaurants in Bangalore | 15 Best Places in Bangalore to Enjoy North Indian Food | Bars in Bangalore | Best Dishes to Try When You Are in Bangalore | Cakes in Bangalore | Chinese Restaurants in Bangalore | Hookah Bars in Bangalore | KFC in Bangalore | North Indian Restaurants in Bangalore | Roof Top Restaurants in Bangalore | Street Food in Bangalore | Sweet Chariot in Bangalore | Top 10 Restaurants in Bangalore | Top Restaurants for a Romantic Date in Bangalore | Wine Shops in Bangalore | Pubs in Bangalore