Churches in Bangalore
All Saints Church in Bangalore
All Saints Church can be reached by taking a route towards the Hosur Road located in Richmond Town of the city. The foundation Stone of this church was laid on 27th November, 1869 and it was consecrated 17th October, 1870. In August 1905, a Pipe Organ (English in origin) was made in the church.
The then President, Mr. Robertson, gave the same to All Saints' Incumbent, Canon Foley in 1901. It was then used as the Church Institute for young people and as a meeting place for parishioners.
Sacred Heart Church in Bangalore
Sacred Heart Church was moved to a small bungalow near the cemetery of the priest in 1886. The foundation stone for the construction of a new church was laid by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Kleiner in 1893. The first feast in the new church was celebrated in the year 1896.
In 1934, a school was built for boys and girls. Father Megr. ’Souza started the Corpus Christ procession in sacred heart church. The Sacred Heart Novena was started by Fr. Paul Kinatukara in 1965. Sacred Heart Church continued to grow. A plan is proposed to build new buildings for the priest house and the school.
FGAG Church in Bangalore
FGAG Church is located in the main Defense Colony in Indaranagar in the city is yet another place of worship that is enormously popular among people. Here, FGAG stands for “Full Gospel Assembly of God”.
Full Gospel Assembly of God works under the organization of the Assemblies of God. This organization has over 65 million members in all over the world. Merely three people established it in the year 1982.
Full Gospel Assembly of God Church in Bangalore
All peoples Church in Bangalore
All peoples Church is located ON the 14th Cross R.T. Nagar in Bangalore. On February 18, 2001, All Peoples Church was established by Ashish Raichur. Its first service was attended by 10 people only.
The St. Johns Church in Bangalore
The St. Johns Church is the fourth oldest Protestant Church located on St. John’s Road in Cleveland Bangalore. It was built in the year 1858. A a Chapel was built in the year 1853 near this church, it was known as “Mootoo Cherry".
St. Andrews Church in Bangalore
St Andrews Church is a Scottish Church, located on Cubbon Road in Bangalore. It situated parallel to Mahatma Gandhi Road (MG Road). The Church is a perfect piece of orthodoxical Presbyterian Scottish architecture. You will notice a belfry and a chiming clock over the tower.
This church was established on Nov. 22 1866. It is adorned with contains stinted glass windows that depict Lord Jesus and his eight apostles. The walls of the church are embellished with polished brass plaques and in 1881 a pipe organ was also installed here.
Marthoma church in Bangalore
Another such church is Marthoma church located on Primrose Road in Bangalore. In 1917, on a small scale Syrian Christian worship at United Theological College (UTC), Bangalore. In 1943, Rt. Rev. Dr. Philipose Mar Chrysostam Valiya Metropolitan was posted as the first vicar.
At that time the St. Paul's church located near Bowring Hospital was used as the worship place on Sundays. It was in 1960 when the worship started mainly in its current premises.Every Sunday there are two worship services. The first one at 7.15 AM and the next one at 10.00 AM.
Trinity Church in Bangalore
When you walk towards the east end of the M.G. Road, you will find Trinity Church at the trinity circle. This church of Victorian era worked as a historical milestone of the city. Bishop Corrie chose the place to erect this church. It is built in the English Renaissance style.
The Holy Ghost Church in Bangalore
The Holy Ghost Church is located in Richards Town in the city. It is the largest parish in the whole city. Its design was developed by Stanley Fernando.
It was established on May 24, 1953 by Archbishop A. S. Colas. The prime attractions of the church are its exquisite marble flooring and its beautiful galleries and windows.
St Patrick’s Church in Bangalore
St Patrick’s Church is located right at the Brigade road. This church was built for Irish soldiers by Gail. The church was reformed in 1894. And it was consecrated as a cathedral in the year 1899.
The most beautiful part of the church is the dome shaped entrance arched by two large pillars. Further adding to the grace, there are twelve pillars in the church that symbolizing Christ's twelve apostles.
Christian fellowship church in Bangalore
Christian fellowship church Bangalore was conceptualized in August 1975, when a few families that first met together in Bangalore and decided to follow the Lord Jesus Christ.
It was based on the belief of emphasizing the new birth, mutual love, financial integrity, holiness of inner life, moral purity and sharing God's truth with others. It is located on DaCosta Square, in wheeler Road extension in the city.
AG church in Bangalore
AG church is located on Ring Road, Hebba. It is known to be the biggest Christian Churches in India. Since 1984 Rev. Dr. M A Varughese is the Senior Pastor of the Church. It was started by a small group of people in the year 1995. It has a capacity to accommodate 10,000 people.
The St. Vincent Pallotti church in Bangalore
The St. Vincent Pallotti church was established in the year 1980 and is located in Banaswadi in the city. It was previously designed along the east west axis.
The design was made to catch the westerly breeze. The prime attraction of the church is 14 stained fiberglass paintings.
CSI church in Bangalore
Paul Thangiah church in Bangalore
Paul Thangiah church in Indra Nagar Bangalore was established by Paul Thangiah. He dedicated his life to the Jesus and worked extensively for the church.
The Church was established in the year 1982 and is caring, serving and expressing the love of the almighty Jesus Christ to people. It was one of the most popular churches of the Bangalore city.
BTM church in Bangalore
BTM church Bangalore was started in Nov.4, 2007. Pastor. Ken & Mary along with Pastor Simeon & Vijaya from Bethel Baptist Church put their united efforts to this Church.
Despite of having a quite insignificant starting it became an established autonomous Baptist Church in the year 2010. You can visit the church at K.S.R Court, 7th Cross, MICO Layout, BTM 2nd Stage, in the Bangalore city.
5 Best Restaurants with Amazingly Creative Menu in Bangalore | Best Eateries for College Students in Bangalore | Coffee Shops in Bangalore | Italian Restaurants in Bangalore | Pizza Hut in Bangalore | Sea Food Restaurants in Bangalore | Thai Restaurants in Bangalore | Top 5 Dessert Parlours in Bangalore | Veg Restaurants in Bangalore | 15 Best Places in Bangalore to Enjoy North Indian Food | Bars in Bangalore | Best Dishes to Try When You Are in Bangalore | Cakes in Bangalore | Chinese Restaurants in Bangalore | Hookah Bars in Bangalore | KFC in Bangalore | North Indian Restaurants in Bangalore | Roof Top Restaurants in Bangalore | Street Food in Bangalore | Sweet Chariot in Bangalore| Top Restaurants for a Romantic Date in Bangalore | Wine Shops in Bangalore | Pubs in Bangalore