How to reach Manali from Bangalore
Following are the ways avid tourists from Bangalore can reach Manali.
Manali from Bangalore by TrainThere are no direct trains from Bangalore to Manali. From Bangalore one will have to make a train journey either to Chandigarh or Delhi. From Chandigarh as well as Delhi there are ample numbers of state run buses and private buses for Manali.
Important trains from Bangalore to Delhi
- Karnataka Exp/no 12627 – departure from Bangalore station at 7:20 PM; runs on all day.
- Sampark Kranti/no 12649 – departure from Yesvantpur JN at 10:10PM; runs on all day.
- Kongu Express/no 12647 – departure from Yesvantpur JN at 11:40 PM; runs on all day.
- Karnataka Sampark Kranti Express/ no 12629 - departure from Yesvantpur JN at 13: 50 P.M; runs only on Tuesday & Thursday.
- Bangalore-Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express/12429 – departure from Bangalore city junction at 20:20 P.M; runs only on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday.
- Bangalore City-Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express/22691, Yesvantpur- Delhi Sarai Rohilla AC Duronto Express/12213.
Manali from Bangalore by Air:Manali doesn’t have an airport. One will have to again take a flight from Bangalore either to Delhi or Chandigarh. There are ample flights from Bangalore to Delhi as well as Chandigarh round the day.
Manali from Bangalore by Road:The total distance between Bangalore and Manali is approximately 2,656.3 km, which is staggeringly high. A road journey would be very expensive, time consuming and also physically tiring.
If you opt for Chandigarh, then you can catch state run HRTC buses for Manali. Besides, there are private cabs from Chandigarh airport to Manali.Chandigarh to Manali road journey takes approximately 8 to 9 hours. Besides state run HRTC buses, there are number of private travel agencies in Chandigarh who provide A/C & non A/c bus service to Manali.