How to reach Munnar from Bangalore
Following are the ways one can reach Munnar from Bangalore
Munnar from Bangalore by Train:
Trains from Bangalore to Angamaly & Alwaye
- Bangalore City-Ernakulam Intercity Express/12677 – departs Bangalore at 6:15 AM, reaches Angamaly at 4 pm & Alwaye at 4: 10 PM.
- Bangalore-Kochuveli Express/16315 - departs Bangalore at 7:15 PM, reaches Angamaly at 4: AM and Alwaye at 4:15 AM.
- Hubli-Kochuveli Weekly SF Express/12777 – departs Yeshvantpur Junction at 15:00 P.M, reaches Angamaly station at 1:36 A.M (next day – Thursday); runs only on Wednesday.
- Bangalore-Ernakulam Weekly Superfast Express/22608 – departs Bangalore station at 18:45 P.M and arrives at Angamaly station at 5: 10 P.M (next day - Tuesday; runs only on Monday)
- Yesvantpur - Kochuveli AC Express/16561, Bangalore Ernakulam SF Express/12684, Bangalore - Kanniyakumari Island Express/16526.
Munnar from Bangalore by Air:
The first flight from Bangalore to Kochin is at 8:30 AM, which is Air India airline 9501. The last flight from Bangalore to Kochin is at 5:25 PM, which is Jet Airways 0407. Just outside Kochin airport you can get taxi for Munnar; fare would be anywhere between Rs 1000 to Rs 2000. Or else from Kochin airport go to Alwaye via cab. From Alwaye there ample KSRTC buses for Munnar.
Munnar from Bangalore by Road:
Bangalore to Munnar KSRTC buses timetable
Trip Code Starting Bus Stand Departure Time Fare
2100BNGMNR Shanthinagar Bs (Double Road) 21:00 Rs 500
2101BNGMNR Shanthinagar Bs (Double Road) 21:00 RS 500
Besides, there many renowned travel agencies in Bangalore that provide bus services (A/C as well as non A/C bus service) and attractive tour packages for Munnar.
Renowned Travel agencies in Bangalore providing Munnar tour package:
SRS travels - 080-26801616
KPN travels - 080 - 26709912, 26700111
Royal travels - +91 9945046283
Kallada Travels – 09341455500, (080) 42112526,42010000.