Innovative Film CityA prominent landmark inviting a lot of tourists and a place that claims to entertain almost 6 million people annually is under one roof of international standards- Innovative Film City. It is located around 40 km from the heart of Bangalore and covers vast land up to 50 acres.
Location of Innovative Film CityPostal Address: Innovative Film City
#24&26,Bidadi Industrial Estate, Bidadi,
Bengaluru - 562 109
Tel: 91 (080) 22099999
Corporate Address: Innovative Studios (P) Ltd.
#135, Outer Ring Road, Varthur Hobli,
Bengaluru South Taluk,
Bengaluru - 560 037,
Tel: 91 (080) 6696 7000
Entry fee and timings at Innovative Film City
The entry fee is Rs 499 for a standard package and Rs 299 after 3PM. Special charges may be incurred inside the film city for additional rides or services.
It is open on all days from 10AM to 630PM
The building has a huge entrance with roman and European style features. The view looks that of a palace. With the European style exquisite statues and the well pocketed palm trees, it was a sight worth the reminiscence of a movie. (since it is a well known movie shooting spot)
Main Street at Innovative Film City
Walking through the main street in an area of 300000 sq ft gives a majestic appeal with the Moulin rouge theme restaurant and IFC talkies which has got a rustic and rough appeal of that of a village. A lot of shops like Bata, stalls for archery and fashion themed cafes are lined along the street. Kiosks of ice cream, popcorn, thirst quenchers and souvenirs are also available.
Teddy museum is a major attraction for kids along with the toddlers den that allows the kids to continue their play while the parents are tire as they can rest in the meanwhile.
Wild Wild West at Innovative Film Completely embedded with the minutest detail of portraying the space as an barren land from America, this place houses the deserted setting, stables where the horses can be seen. It also is a hub to a nice Mexican restaurant as per the theme and some beer counters.
Gardens and Amphitheaters at Innovative Film City
A huge amphitheater that has a seating for 4000 people. The backdrop that is used for a projector screen is a made out of an artificial waterfall. This place organizes a lot of events, concerts and live performances.
Major attractions at Innovative Film City
- Louis Tussaud wax museum- Get amazed with finely crafted wax statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Marilyn Monroe or have a good laugh at Mr. Beans funny wax statue. (Entry- Rs 75/person)
- Roller skating field – Go gaga over the roller skating arena and show the tacts of balance. Sing along and dance to your favorite tone. Rock n Roll it is!
- Mini golf
- Food court that houses diversity inspired from the multi cultural city ranges food options from south Indian thalis to hyderabadi Biryanis and north Indian meals too. The culturally rich rajasthani food and staple Chinese food is also enjoyed. The Cafe coffee day outlets with espresso counters offer the caffeine addicts their cuppa coffee. Mc Donald's succeeds in making the kids happy with a happy meal and their favourite toy.
- Funplex is a gaming arcade zone that attracts as much number of kids as the grownups who haven’t touched games for a while. Everyone wants to go through the medley of games like Star wars, Drum king and space ride. The fanciest part of the gaming arcade is the Fantawild 4D theater(Rs.100/person). And for the sports lovers, go and hit a six with a game of cricket that charges Rs.50 for 3 overs and Rs.60 for 4 overs. A 3-lane bowling alley also encourages the family to form a team and just bowl along.
- Ripley’s believe it or not- The hub to the most extraordinary gadgets and beautiful artifacts along with some well informative knowledge about various things.
- Haunted Mansion
- Mirror Maze
- Dino Park
- Aqua City
- And even a fossil museum.
Another section in the film city “Cartoon City” has a lot of fun filled roller coasters and bungee jumping (Rs. 30 per ride). This place takes a walk down a memory lane for the grownups and another hint of excitement for the kids. The go carting race track will bring out the F1 lover in you while the artificial waves and the sand beach will make you feel like on the beach. Additional charges are incurred on certain rides like Rs.100 for 4 laps for the carting area while Rs.150 for the Aqua kingdom.
Handicrafts and Cultural village at Innovative Film CityThis place is perfect for shopping certain ethnic items like souvenirs. This village zone boosts the art of our Indian heritage and thus becomes a tourist attraction with all that culture displayed in the form of the hand crafted items.
A little tight on pockets but Innovative Film City is worth one visit at least. This entertainment paradise is packed with world class facilities and with more than 25 different facilities under one roof, this place is sure to attract a lot of tourists in this miniature city.