Around the foothills, one can found many small villages, whose inhabitants are mostly dependent on the tourism for their livelihood. The climatic conditions in the surrounding area is influenced by the hills, which remains cool and windy most of the time with seasonal rainfalls.
Some Interesting Facts are :
- Akaashaganga which is one of the water falls. One has to come down and then back at least 1302 steps for reaching to the falls. The steps are quite steep and of course tiring as well. Approximately it takes around two hours to ascend and come back.
- Arapaleeswarar Temple- the main deity at the temple is lord Shiva, which is located on the right opposite to the Akash Ganga Falls. It an old temple with the history attached to it.
- Botanical Gardens- One of the ideal spot for the kids as they can gain knowledge as well as can have the loitering done across the whole area.
- Mini Falls- Small waterfalls which are close to the temple which is just for viewing and scenic beauty and nothing else.
- Some other options are – Masila Falls, Sikku Parai, Sozakaadu etc. Also you can go ahead with the fishing option as well.
- The lodging and the staying arrangements in this area is not up to the mark. Whereas for the family trips and all, you can prefer the Nallathambi Resort. Apart from this there are several other options. The town doesn’t have any night life as the whole of the town sleeps around at 8:00 PM.