Tipu Sultan Palace
Tipu Sultan’s summer palace lies inside Tipu Sultan’s Fort, also popularly known as Bangalore Fort. The Palace gets its name from the fact that Legendary King Tipu Sultan used to spend his summer vacations in this palace.
The interior as well as exterior of this palace has characteristics of Indo-Islamic architectural style. The interior of this palace is especially majestic & is also quite well maintained. In fact it is majestic interior of this palace which makes this place worth visiting. Besides, palace is surrounded with lush green garden, providing a scenic ambiance for visitors.
Mentioned below are some of the reasons as to why Tipu Sultan fort and palace in Bangalore is so unique and still worth visiting even today.
- This palace is constructed completely from teak wood. It is one of the rare monuments in entire South India to hold such a unique distinction. Another very interesting fact is that these teak-woods were soaked for almost 2 years in water before being used for constructing this palace
- Tipu Sultan Palace contains the legendary Mysorean Rocket. Mysorean Rocket was a special type of rocket that was invented by Hyder Ali – Tipu sultan’s father – and in later years was greatly improvised by his son Tipu Sultan himself.
Mysorean rocket was a lethal weapon that had immensely helped Tipu in destroying all his adverse enemies and indeed played a critical role in laying the foundation of Tipu Sultan’s empire in southern India.
- Today there are apparently 2 Mysorean rockets inside Tipu Sultan Palace, which are indeed great historical treasures that is worth experiencing by every history lover.
- The surrounding Tipu Sultan fort in Bangalore occupies a very special place in the glorious history of Tipu Sultan’s empire. From this very fort Tipu Sultan and his father formalized many political and military strategies against British, whom they managed to keep at bay for most part of the 17th century.
- Another high point of this palace is the interior of darbar or main hall, which bears many paintings and cravings of Tipu Sultan. The artwork essentially depicts the bravery of Tipu Sultan and general lifestyle of people during those times.
Read More: Airport Cabs Bangalore, Aadhar Card in Bangalore,About Bangalore City,Adventure Sports Bangalore, Angsana Resort Bangalore, Administration in Bangalore, A Day at the Bangalore Turf Club, Salubrious Climate of Bangalore, Angsana Resort Bangalore, Art Galleries in Bangalore, Administration in Bangalore, Bakeries in Bangalore, Banaglore Darshan Places, Bangalore Palace, Bengaluru City Specials, Airports in Bangalore, Comic Con Bangalore, Bangalore Metro Rail, Ambulance Services in Bangalore, Bangalore water supply, Bars in Bangalore, Autos in Bangalore, Bangalore Darshan Places, Bangalore to Coorg, Aadhar Card in Bangalore, Bull Temple Bangalore