Ulsoor Lake in Bangalore
Ulsoor, originally named “Halsur” or “Alasur”, is currently the biggest lake in the Bangalore city. It is also one of the oldest neighborhoods in Bangalore located in the center of the city in “Halasuru” nearing the MG Road.
There is a park which is attached to the lake providing the visitors with lot of shades and greenery which is enjoyed most by the children visiting the place. A gurdwara located nearby is considered as the largest Sikh shrine in the city.
Restoration of Ulsoor Lake
Findings of the study showed that the DO at daytime was very high varied between 0.2 to 4.5 mg/L. The saprobic nature of the water in lake was reported less than one by the P/R ration.
- Elimination of contaminants by desalting the lake.
- Using suitable fencing to stop encroachment of the lake.
- Allow only storm water in the lake.
- Plastic bags should not be drained in to the lake.
- Close the sewage and manholes at identified locations.
- Army units should not push effluents from the cowdung wash, cattle house wash and army mess wash.
- Biogas plant must be installed.
- Treat the water from slum before draining into lake.
- Submergence of idols into water during festive season should be prohibited.
- Cultivate and harvest fishes and aquatic plants in order to deplete the content of phosphate and nitrogen.
5 Best Restaurants with Amazingly Creative Menu in Bangalore | Best Eateries for College Students in Bangalore | Coffee Shops in Bangalore | Italian Restaurants in Bangalore | Pizza Hut in Bangalore | Sea Food Restaurants in Bangalore | Thai Restaurants in Bangalore | Top 5 Dessert Parlours in Bangalore | Veg Restaurants in Bangalore | 15 Best Places in Bangalore to Enjoy North Indian Food | Bars in Bangalore | Best Dishes to Try When You Are in Bangalore | Cakes in Bangalore | Chinese Restaurants in Bangalore | Hookah Bars in Bangalore | KFC in Bangalore | North Indian Restaurants in Bangalore | Roof Top Restaurants in Bangalore | Street Food in Bangalore | Sweet Chariot in Bangalore | Top 10 Restaurants in Bangalore | Top Restaurants for a Romantic Date in Bangalore | Wine Shops in Bangalore | Pubs in Bangalore